This is a busy week for CJSTUF and I am sure many of you will be involved.
Here’s a handy to-do list to help make sure you don’t miss a thing!
- Attend Alice in Wonderland at Randolph-Macon College. Remaining available showtimes are Friday (tonight) at 8 PM and Saturday 2 PM and 8 PM. The Saturday performances benefit CJSTUF and donations will also be taken at the door. Tickets are $5 for adults and $2.50 for kids. It’s a very family friendly show! Call the box office at 752-7316 to reserve your spot.
- Finish collecting your pledges for the Monument Ave. 10K. Pledges can be mailed to PO Box 854, Ashland, VA 23005. Please have all checks made out to CJSTUF. If you do not bundle your pledges together or if someone is sending pledges separately, please have them indicate your name in the memo line so we know that you get the credit!
- Pick up your TEAM CJ T-shirt. T-shirts are available for FREE to those collecting pledges and running/cheering for TEAM CJ. If you are not collecting pledges but you are running or cheering, T-shirts are $8 ($10 for XXL). If you are not participating in the 10K but you would like a T-shirt we are requesting a minimum donation of $10 per shirt. T-shirts can be picked up at Romp n’ Roll (Virginia Center) beginning at 9 AM on Monday 3/22. They will also be available for pick up when you…
- Bring your family to the Carbo Cram Event on March 26th from 6:00-8:00 PM. You can RSVP HERE to give us an idea of how many people to expect. Location information, etc. is included on the invitation. If you cannot attend the event but want to donate needed materials (food, paper products, etc.), please deliver those to Romp n’ Roll by Friday March 26th at NOON. There is a list of needed materials on the invitation as well. If you would like to help with setup or cooking, please be at Shady Grove Methodist Church (Mechanicsville) by 5:30 PM. Based on current RSVPs, I think we are most in need of spaghetti sauce (jars-non-meat), paper products, beverages (tea and punch), and condiments like salad dressing and parmesan cheese. This is a very informal community event so it should be a lot of fun (and maybe even a little bit crazy!!). Finally, don’t forget to pick up your 10K race packet at the Arthur Ashe center so that you can be ready bright and early for the…
- Monument Ave 10K race. March 27th. Be THERE or Be SQUARE! Runners should plan to meet at the starting line around 8 AM. Roger will be trying to orchestrate a group picture. Please wear your TEAM CJ shirts and/or pink and purple. If you are CHEERING, please email our cheering CAPTAIN Meredith Hayes so she knows to expect you. She can let you know if you need to bring anything. The more the merrier! Cheer team members will be meeting near the Arthur Ashe monument (corner of Monument Ave. and Roseneath Rd.). Look for parking off of Monument Ave in that area. Cheer team should be in place by 8:30 AM. Please wear PINK, PURPLE, Butterfly wings, bring Butterfly Mylar balloons, etc. Please do NOT bring pledges with you to the race as we may not have secure storage space.
- Recover from the race on March 28th and 29th! Please submit any final pledges during the last week of March. Again, pledges can be mailed to PO Box 854, Ashland, VA 23005 or can be dropped off at Romp n’ Roll.